The CAJ’s ethics advisory committee considers and provides advice on ethical issues faced by journalists through the course of their regular work. Members are appointed by the CAJ’s national board of directors, and the chair or co-chairs are appointed by the board from among the committee’s members.
The committee’s current members are:
- Charmaine de Silva — CityNews
- Patricia Elliott—University of Regina and First Nations University of Canada
- Iris Fischer — Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP
- Anita Li—The Other Wave
- Lynn McAuley—Toronto Star
- Jack Nagler — CBC
- Pat Perkel—National NewsMedia Council
- Terra Tailleur—University of King’s College
- Lisa Taylor —Ryerson University
- Karen Unland — Taproot Publishing
The committee’s work is found in the following list of policies, discussion papers, and reports on key journalism issues.